If you have clothes that you no longer wear don’t throw them away, since they can be used to carry out various types of crafts or simply as a tool to help you with household chores. Keep reading and take into practice the following ideas to recycle clothes.
When you no longer wear a piece of clothing don’t throw it away, cut all the buttons, zippers and belt loops so that you can use them in other projects later. To store the rest of the fabric, iron it to make it as smooth as possible and store it in a drawer or box specially designed for it.
These fabric scraps can be used for many things, such as:
- Pieces to complete quilts.
- Activities for children: cut and sew small pieces of fabric.
- Decorate bottles.
- Doll clothes.
- Hot pads made of fabric: make a small bag and fill it with seeds, put it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and you can use it to soothe discomfort in the neck or any other part of the body.
- For cleaning: some types of cloth are ideal for use as kitchen rags. You can also use these leftovers for other household activities.
- Fabric bags: You can make bags and purses from scraps of fabric.
- Rag rugs: Scraps of old clothing fabric can be cut into strips, braided, and sewn together to make rugs.
What uses do you give to the scraps of fabric? Do you like to recycle clothes?
If you´ve enjoyed this post please give it a Like and subscribe to our Newsletter!