Do you want to share a distinguish table by decorating it when you receive guests to eat? So, you can’t miss this excellent idea from inspicreatives. We suggest you to create an “accordion” bread basket made with t-shirt yarn. In addition to being original and beautiful, it has a good capacity so you can fill it with enough bread for many guests.
The materials that you’ll use in this project are fabric yarn and a crochet needle No. 10 or 12. As an option you can also use a strip of raffia if you want to add the decorative bow shown in the photo. Let’s get started!
Pattern for the bottom of the basquet
– Round 1: In a magic ring (the one that doesn’t leave a hole in the center), work 1 chain and 5 single crochets. In total there are 6 stitches.
– Round 2: 1 chain and 1 single crochet in the first stitch. Then 2 single crochets in each stitch, and 1 slip stitch to close the round. In total there are 12 stitches.
– Round 3: a chain and 1 single crochet in the first stitch. Then repeat 1 single crochet in the next stitch, 2 single crochets in the next stitch and 1 slip stitch to close the round. In total there are 18 stitches.
These steps are repeated until 9 rounds are reached. We have only recorded the first 3 as an example and to help you with the translation. In this link you’ll find the rest of the instructions
(they are in French), but just in case these are the abbreviations of the stitches:
- ml = chain
- mc = slip stitch
- ms = single crochet
Pattern for the walls of the basquet
From now on, you should knit by sewing in the loop behind the stitch to get the “accordion” effect.
– Rounds 10 to 14: 1 chain in the first stitch, then 1 single crochet in each stitch, finally 1 slip stitch to close the round. In total there are 54 stitches.
– Round 15: 1 chain in the first stitch, another chain and skip a stitch, then repeat (1 single crochet in the next stitch, 1 chain and skip a stitch). Then 1 slip stitch to close the round.
– Round 16: 1 chain in the first stitch, then 1 single crochet in each stitch, then 1 slip stitch to close the round.
Final detail (the bow)
Cut 8 pieces of raffia 1 meter long. Pass them in the holes formed on the 15th round, turning themback on themselves. Then form a knot and cut 4 cm of raffia from each side. Finally, stretch the threads, and that’s it!
If you´ve enjoyed this post give it a Like and subscribe to our Newsletter!