T-shirt yarn braids are useful for various projects, from the simplest to the most complex. For beginners in the art of fabric crafts we bring you today a simple activity, but no less original for that. Today we are going to share with you the step by step to achieve braided bracelets, which you can use to show off or give as gifts.
- T-shirt yarn.
- Object that serves as a base.
- Glue for fabric.
- Needle, thread (optional).
Find the best T-shirt yarn for your projects in our virtual store!
Step by step:
Cut 6 strips of fabric about 45 cm long and 1.5 cm wide. Place a heavy object over one of the ends to hold the strips in place.
In the image you will see the step by step to make the braiding with 6 strips:
– Take the strip on the right and follow the red line in the image.
– Now take the strip to the left and follow the red line in the image.
– From this point you must repeat these steps over and over again. As you progress through the fabric pull the strips a little to adjust them, try not to tighten them too much.
– Keep braiding until you have the desired length.
– Apply some textile glue on both ends and join them.
– Measure the width of the resulting bracelet and cut a piece of fabric 2 times larger than the previous measurement.
– Fold the piece of fabric around the part where the bracelet meets and glue it. You already have a braided bracelet to wear!
Of course you can also sew the bracelet instead of using glue.
The advantage of this bracelet is that it will slide easily on your wrist, as we already know that the fabric is elastic and soft.
T-shirtyarn.com is a web with a great variety of T-shirt yarn
If you´ve enjoyed this post give it a Like and subscribe to our Newsletter!